It’s time to take a look, as we will every Tuesday, at what’s happening around the NFC North. The Packers are 0-2 in the preseason, and hopefully the other teams aren’t doing much better.
– The Bears named Kyle Orton the starting quarterback over everyone’s favorite Rex Grossman. This is not good for the Packers, as Bears-quarterbacks-not-named-Rex Grossman (aka Orton and Brian Griese) swept the Packers last year. The Viking Age also puts forth some other scenarios that could come out of this.
– The age of some of the Bears offensive lineman is also appearing to become an issue. Which just makes things easier for Aaron Kampman and Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila. And whoever else starts at defensive end now.
– The Bears make the right choice for their franchise player on ESPN.com.
– Apparently, wide receiver Calvin Johnson is “scary good.” Are you listening, Al Harris and Charles Woodson?
– The Lions fans and writers are pretty excited about a 2-0 preseason record!
– Another guy thinks Johnson is a beast.
– Overpaid free agent wide receiver Bernard Berrian is having toe problems. Which is good for the Packers, bad for my fantasy team. Damn autodraft.
– The Vikings defensive line depth is continually thinning. Good thing for Ryan Grant and Brandon Jackson.
– Is Chris Simms coming to Minny?
– Veteran quarterback Gus Frerotte will start the third preseason game for the Vikings due to Tarvaris Jackson‘s sprained MCL.
That’s all folks.
Tags: Aaron Kampman Al Harris Bernard Berrian Brandon Jackson Brian Griese Calvin Johnson Charles Woodson Chicago Bears Chris Simms Detroit Lions Gus Frerotte Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila Kyle Orton Minnesota Vikings Rex Grossman Ryan Grant Tarvaris Jackson