Green Bay Press-Gazette columnist Mike Vandermause has done another great job over on PackersNews.com. This time he has ranked the squad in importance from 1-53, something I could never imagine doing. I’ll give you the top three and the bottom three:
1. Aaron Rodgers: No position carries more weight than the starting quarterback. As Rodgers goes, so go the Packers.
2. Aaron Kampman: Two-time Pro Bowl player keeps getting better and makes opposing offenses account for him.
3. Greg Jennings: He is poised to have a breakout year in his third NFL season and will serve as a catalyst for the offense. He has a knack for finding the end zone.
51. Jermichael Finley: He likely will be a regular member of the game-day inactive list.
52. Jeremy Thompson: The rookie needs more seasoning before he can make an impact.
53. Breno Giacomini: He’s a work in progress but could be an offensive starting tackle of the future.
I can’t say I found anything to totally disagree with on his list.