Jclombardi reviews news & previews.
3. The Big Game: Beyond a “Pack” house of fans, celebrities, sports stars and Fortune 500 executives will in attendance for the Sunday game. FOX’s pregame show will be about it. Favrecam! The Pack are now a legitimate playoff contender. Right or wrong, Sunday’s game is the ultimate referendum of the Packers’ decision to jettison their iconic legend.
4. Greeting Favre: Players and coaches reactions. LeRoy Butler advises: Boo him. MJS Editor Howard: Cheer him. Third way: Dead and utter silence. MJS poll results: Boo him (44%); Cheer him (36%); and Do nothing (20%). Love Hurts. In 4 Trouble?
5. Practice reports–Green & Tauscher ready: S Martin, FB Hall, C Spitz, WR Nelson, and TE Finley didn’t participate in practice. CB Woodson, LT Clifton and LB Matthews in jogthroughs. The starting tackles appear to be LT Lang and RT Barbre. Clifton and Tauscher rotated in as pair during jogthroughs. RB Green got reps as a backup and 3rd down RB.
7. Roster Change: Packers replace injured WR Swain elevating practice squad WR Allen to roster.
8. How to pressure Favre: An effective Caper’s defensive blitz scheme.