Jclombardi sums up the Packers loss to Steelers.
Summary: Steelers QB Roethlisberger completed a 19 yards touchdown to WR Wallace with time expiring to stun the Packers 37-36 in an offensive shootout having 973 total offense yards. The Packers stalled in their playoff run failing to hold 28-27 and 36-30 leads in the game. The 9-5 Packers are tied with the Cowboys for the top wild-card spot in the NFC.
1. The heralded Packers’ defense failed to stop the Steelers in their last offensive drive during the final two minutes in the game. Three defensive penalties led to first downs. The Packers’ defense gave up 537 total yards with crucial coverage breakdowns.
2. Entering the game, the Packers were one of the top penalized teams in the NFL. Five of Packers seven penalties resulted in Steelers’ first downs.
3. The Packers’ offense did enough to win the game.
4. Eventually, K Crosby missing an easy field goal would cost the Packers. Today, it happened. The breakdown of fundamentals cost a victory.
5. Today, the breaks did not go the Packers’ way for a victory. However, the Packers lack the killer instinct to put opponents away too.
6. CB Bush is just an awful backup player.
7. Again, QB Rodgers started slowly, but he had a solid game.
8. TE Finley is a clutch big offensive player for this offense.
9. I am home watching the “Silver Fox” prime time Sunday night game.