Well, take heed of this recipe … you won’t be disappointed!
* 2 pounds fresh bratwurst sausages
* 2 onions, thinly sliced
* 8 cloves fresh garlic, minced
* 1 stick butter
* 6 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles beer (Leine’s of course)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
* 1 jar of sauerkraut
1. Prick bratwurst with a fork to prevent them from exploding as they cook. This also allows the flavors of the beer and other ingredients to get past the casing and into the meat.
2. Combine onions, butter, minced garlic, pepper, beer and brats in a large pot. Bring to a low boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Remove bratwurst from pot and cook them on a medium-high grill for 10 to 14 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
4. Take brats from grill and put them back in the simmering beer, onion, garlic and butter sauce for a few minutes before serving. This allows them to suck up a little more of that amazing beer concoction.
5. Serve with onions and sauerkraut on hoagie rolls.