You haven’t had the chance to get around to purchasing your share? Well, now is the opportunity.
The stock sale will now continue until Feb. 29 … that is unless all the shares being offered have been sold.
The Packers public relations issued the following release … check it out.
PACKERS STOCK OFFERING NEARING 250,000 SHARES SOLD
Team Expanding Offering By 30,000 Shares
Supporters of the Green Bay Packers’ fifth stock offering have purchased nearly 250,000 shares, the organization reported Tuesday. The team is expanding the offering by 30,000 shares to accommodate the continued interest.
The offering will continue until Feb. 29, 2012, unless prior to that date the Packers sell the maximum number of shares that they are offering.
“The support from our fans has been outstanding and we appreciate their enthusiasm,” said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. “We continue to receive interest in the offering, and this increase in the number of available shares will help ensure that we are able to accommodate all those who want to become shareholders.”
Proceeds from the offering will go toward the expansion of Lambeau Field, a $143 million project that includes 6,700 seats and new video boards and will be complete for the 2013 season. Other financing components include a traditional loan and possible NFL funding.
The offering document and purchasing information are available online at www.packersowner.com. Fans interested in purchasing shares are encouraged to go online to view the document and make a purchase, as it is the most efficient method. Credit and debit cards (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) can be used online. For those without internet access, a toll-free number – 855 8-GO PACK (855-846-7225) – is available to request the offering document by mail for transactions to then be completed by mail.
For new shareholders who have questions about their ownership, Wells Fargo Shareowner Services is available at 800-891-2981, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., CST.
Following is a list of offering details:
· The price per share is $250, with a $25 handling charge per transaction (no matter how many shares are purchased).
· Currently, the offering is limited to persons in the United States, as well as Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
· Shares can be purchased online with credit or debit cards, and also via mail.
· Only individuals (including spouses as joint tenants) are able to purchase shares; individuals can purchase shares as a gift for other individuals.
· No one may buy more than 200 shares (counting any shares that the person purchased in the 1997-1998 offering).
· The offering will continue until Feb. 29, 2012, subject to extension, unless prior to that date the Packers sell the maximum number of shares that they are offering.
Interested fans should note:
· Stock in the Packers does not constitute an investment in “stock” in the common sense of the term.
· The Packers have no obligation to repay the amount a buyer pays to purchase Packers stock.
· Anyone considering the purchase of Packers stock should not purchase the stock to make a profit or to receive a dividend or tax deduction or any other economic benefits.
· The offering of Packers stock is made only through the offering document.
· The Packers believe offerees and purchasers of Packers stock will not receive the protection of securities laws with respect to any offering or sale of Packers stock.
· The Packers bylaws and NFL rules severely restrict transfers of Packers stock.