The countdown to the start of the National Football League season is under way – you can find updates on it just about every hour on the hour on Twitter and Facebook.
But to get to the regular season, all 32 teams, including the Packers, have to make their way through training camp. For the Packers, players will report to Green Bay July 26 and for about a month or so will participate in one of the most highly anticipated training session in America.
The competition for the Packers is going to be fierce, especially on the defensive side of the football. While there are some offensive positions – the line and running back, as well as at wide receiver – that are going to be interesting, it will be the competition on the defensive side of the ball that’s going to garner the most interest.
With all but two picks in April’s NFL Draft going to the defensive side for the Packers, we will focus especially on the defensive line and linebacker. Who comes out on the other side as members of the 53-man roster is anyone’s guess at this point. Things happen. Players come out of nowhere to gain a spot, players get injured and some just don’t have what it takes to be an NFL player.
So, with that in mind, here is a rundown of the complete Packers training camp schedule. If you have time to make the pilgrimage to Green Bay for any of the practices, don’t forget to take in the Packers Hall of Fame and take part in a tour of Lambeau Field. You won’t be disappointed.
The Packers 2012 Training Camp schedule is listed below for fans including preseason games:
- Thursday, July 26- 8:15 A.M.
- Friday, July 27- 8:15 A.M.
- Saturday, July 28- 8:15 A.M.
- Monday, July 30- 8:15 A.M.
- Tuesday, July 31- 8:15 A.M.
- Wednesday, August 1- 8:15 A.M.
- Thursday, August 2- 7:00 P.M.
- Friday, August 3- 6:30 P.M. (Family Night)
- Sunday, August 5- 7:00 P.M.
- Monday, August 6- 7:00 P.M.
- Tuesday, August 7- 3:30 P.M.
- Thursday, August 9- 7:00 P.M. (Preseason Game @ San Diego Chargers).
- Saturday, August 11- 7:00 P.M.
- Sunday, August 12- 7:00 P.M.
- Monday, August 13- 7:00 P.M.
- Tuesday, August 14- 3:30 P.M.
- Thursday, August 16- 7:00 P.M. (Preseason Home Game vs. Cleveland Browns).
- Sunday, August 19- 11:15 A.M.
- Monday, August 20- 11:15 A.M.
- Tuesday, August 21- 11:00 A.M.
- Thursday, August 23- 6:00 P.M. (Preseason Game @ Cincinnati Bengals).
- Sunday, August 26- 11:15 A.M.
- Monday, August 27- 11:15 A.M.
- Tuesday, August 28- 11:00 A.M.
- Thursday, August 30- 6:00 P.M. (Preseason Home Game vs. Kansas City Chiefs).