There … now with that out of the way, we need to bring full disclosure to another matter about this whole on again, off again, on again proposed meeting that’s supposed to take place at 1265 Lombardi Avenue between Packers brass and Canty. Canty was scheduled to be in town Wednesday, but because of weather conditions across the United States, Canty was delayed.
I guess I can believe that, but the question now … and one for which I haven’t been able to find an answer … is whether Canty will fly in, take a physical and leave again? Or will he actually spend the two days he was scheduled for originally? You see, he was supposed to be in Green Bay yesterday, Wednesday, March 6, and was to stay through today, Thursday, March 7.
Now that things have changed, does this heighten the stress levels of those over in Green Bay to try to pack what they thought were two days of welcome into one? Well, I guess that’s not our concern, but we surely want the Packers to have the opportunity to show off their facilities and personnel in a timely fashion.
According to our colleague Brian Carriveau over at CheeseheadTV.com, it was the weather that delayed Canty’s visit because of connecting flight arrangements that must be made through a hub that connects with Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay. Yes, we can believe that.
So, here’s to hoping that the Packers see the whites of Canty’s eyes today and that they have the time to look him directly in those eyes and convince him that Green Bay is a championship-bound team with his assistance. But let the chips fall where they may.
As always, we here at Lombardiave.com will try to keep you up-to-date on all the happenings and will keep our fingers on the pulse of this situation.