Remember way back when – gosh it seems like almost a decade ago – when Cal quarterback Aaron Rodgers sat all alone in the green room at the NFL Draft wondering if his name was ever going to be called?
Finally at the 24th selection the Green Bay Packers picked him … and, well, the rest is history.
This month, there is a large group of college prospects who will be attending the Draft in New York City hoping their name will be called in short order – at least they hope that what happened to Rodgers doesn’t occur for them. Most of these guys are top 10 selection, no doubt, but there are others who have the potential to drop into the teens and possibly to the end of the first round – at least that’s my hope, just to keep things interesting.
But the question I have for you is whether any of the players listed below will last to the 26th selection and whether the Packers might consider drafting them … what do you think? Take a look at the list and let us know by leaving a comment below, heading over and liking us and leaving a comment on our Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter.
- Barkevious Mingo, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, LSU
- Bjoern Werner, Defensive End, Florida State
- Chance Warmack, Guard, Alabama
- Cordarrelle Patterson, Wide Receiver, Tennessee
- Dee Milliner, Cornerback, Alabama
- DJ Fluker, Offensive Tackle, Alabama
- EJ Manuel, Quarterback, Florida State
- Eric Fisher, Offensive Tackle, Central Michigan
- Ezekial Ansah, Defensive End, BYU
- Geno Smith, Quarterback, West Virginia
- Jonathan Cooper, Guard, North Carolina
- Kenny Vaccaro, Safety, Texas
- Lane Johnson, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma
- Luke Joeckel, Offensive Tackle, Texas A&M
- Margus Hunt, Defensive End, SMU
- Menelik Watson, Offensive Tackle, Florida State
- Sharrif Floyd, Defensive Tackle, Florida
- Tavon Austin, Wide Receiver, West Virginia
- Xavier Rhodes, Cornerback, Florida State