In Forbes‘ recently-released list of the top 50 highest valued sports franchises, the Packers rank 18th overall and is the tenth ranked NFL team with a value of $1.161 billion.
That’s not bad for a franchise that plays in a city of just more than 100,000 souls.
Obviously, the fan base, its solid management model and its tradition have gone a long way in helping this franchise continue to be among the top 10 of all 32 teams in the league in value.
It’s not surprising that the Packers’ overall value is among the top of the pile in the NFL. It should only continue to increase with the capital investments the team is placing into its facilities. The Packers are in the process of completing the addition to the south end zone at Lambeau Field and will also be redoing the Atrium within the next couple of years. Those are moves that will only enhance the franchise’s revenue stream.
While soccer teams dominate the top echelon of the sports team values, the NFL is right behind.
Here is a listing of the overall rankings of the top 10 NFL teams and their overall value:
5. Dallas Cowboys – $2.1 billion
6. New England Patriots – $1.63 billion
8. Washington Redskins – $1.6 billion
9. New York Giants – $1.47 billion
13. Houston Texans – $1.3 billion
14. New York Jets – $1.28 billion
15. Philadelphia Eagles – $1.26 billion
16. Chicago Bears – $1.19 billion
17. San Francisco 49ers – $1.175 billion
18. Green Bay Packers – $1.161 billion