If you’ve never had the chance to see the Green Bay Packers Dope Sheet, you’ve missed the chance to experience one of the better, if not the best publications put out by any National Football League team.
In the 187th meeting between the Packers and Chicago Bears, the number of varied and unique statistics that help define what’s great about the NFL are included in the dope sheet – not only during this Bear week – but during each week of the season.
But because of the nature of this rivalry – considered by many to be among the best in all of sports – we took a few moments to provide you with a taste of what’s included in the Dope Sheet. The publication, which is produced by the Packers PR department is worth a read every week, but in the meantime, we’ll offer a flavor of what is in this week’s …
- The Packers will host the Bears in Week 9, the first meeting between the teams on Monday Night Football in Green Bay since 1997 and the third ever (also 1986) at Lambeau Field.
- It will be a matchup between two of the top three scoring teams in the NFL, with Chicago checking in at No. 2 (30.4) and Green Bay at No. 3 (30.3).
- Green Bay’s current six-game winning streak against Chicago is its longest since a seven-game streak from 2000-03.
- Seven of the last 10 meetings between the Packers and Bears (including postseason) have been decided by eight points or less.
- This is the 21st consecutive season (1993-2013) that Green Bay is appearing on Monday Night Football, the second-longest streak in the league behind only Denver’s 22-year span (1992-2013). It is the Packers’ lone MNF appearance this season.
- When the Packers take the field against the Bears on Monday, they will be looking to extend their home divisional winning streak to 11 games.
- Packers vs. Bears:
- All-time, regular season: 87-91-6
- All-time, postseason: 1-1
- All-time, in Green Bay: 32-22-0
- Streaks: The Packers have won six straight and eight of the last nine meetings (including playoffs).
- Last meeting, regular season: Dec. 16, 2012, at Soldier Field, Packers won, 21-13.
- Last meeting, regular season, in Green Bay: Sept. 13, 2012, at Lambeau Field, Packers won, 23-10.
- No two teams have met on the gridiron more than the Packers and Bears. Monday night they face off for the 187th time.
- Starting in 1923, the clubs met for 59 straight years until both games in 1982 were canceled as part of a strike-shortened season.
- During the 2010 season, the teams squared off in the playoffs for just the second time in the history of the series. With a berth in Super Bowl XLV on the line, the Packers emerged victorious, 21-14, in the NFC Championship Game at Soldier Field.
- The last time Green Bay led the overall series? On the heels of its three straight NFL championships, 1932, when the Packers led 11-10-5.