With the second day of Green Bay Packers training camp under way, we take a step back to relive that first day.
Yesterday, we had Jim Oxley on scene with camera in hand recording that first day in helmets and shirts when the rookies were there to make an impression and the veterans there to stretch and get back into the mindset that this is their occupation and it’s now time to start making a run for a Super Bowl.
With that said, we have provided a slide show of photographs from that first day. From the bike parade of players to the field to the on-field drills, we’ve got some photos of your favorite players and some that could become your favorite.
That’s the beauty of this time of year when every team is even in the standings and every team’s goal is to win the Super Bowl.
Important dates to remember (all times CDT):
- Saturday, Aug. 2 – Packers Family Night, Presented by Bellin Health, 6:25 p.m., Lambeau Field
- Saturday, Aug. 9 – First preseason game, at Tennessee Titans, 7 p.m., LP Field
- Saturday, Aug. 16 – Preseason game at St. Louis Rams, 3 p.m., Edward Jones Dome
- Friday, Aug. 22 – Preseason game vs. Oakland Raiders, 7 p.m., Lambeau Field (Midwest Shrine Game)
- Tuesday, Aug. 26 – Roster reduction to a maximum of 75 players by 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 27 – Final practice open to public, 10:15 a.m.,Nitschke Field
- Thursday, Aug. 28 – Preseason game vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 6 p.m., Lambeau Field (Bishop’s Charities Game)
- Saturday, Aug. 30 – Roster reduction to a maximum of 53 players by 5 p.m.
THE MONTH AHEAD
- Green Bay’s training camp schedule features 17 open practices, including an evening practice, Family Night and four preseason games.
- The first 10 practices of training camp will all be open to the public, with the first six practices taking place at 8:20 a.m. Packers Family Night will be on Saturday, Aug. 2, at 6:25 p.m., and the only other evening session will take place Monday, Aug. 4, at 5:30 p.m. The final two open practices before the first preseason game at Tennessee on Aug. 9 at 7 p.m. will be at 12 p.m. on Aug. 5 and at 11:45 a.m. on Aug. 6.
- The next week the Packers will have two practices open to the public (12 p.m. on Aug. 12 and 11:45 a.m. on Aug. 13) before the second preseason game at St. Louis on Aug. 16 at 3 p.m.
- The three Packers practices before the preseason home opener vs. Oakland on Aug. 22 at 7 p.m. will all be open to the public (12 p.m. on Aug. 18, 11:45 a.m. on Aug. 19 and 10:15 a.m. on Aug. 21).
- The final week of camp will feature two open practices (11:45 a.m. on Aug. 25 and 10:15 a.m. on Aug. 27) prior to the preseason finale vs. Kansas City on Aug. 28 at 6 p.m.
In 39 days the Green Bay Packers will be in Seattle, Wash., to open the NFL regular season by taking on the World Champion Seattle Seahawks. Until then, there’s so much for the team to do.
Tags: Green Bay Packers