The Green Bay Packers have had an up-and-down season so far, but now they're coming off a mini-BYE week and will take on the Raiders in Las Vegas in the Week 5 edition of Monday Night Football.
I think this is a fantastic bounbounce-backce back spot for the Packers, but before I break down why, let me tell you about this fantastic offer from PointsBet. For a limited time, new users will receive up to $1,000 in second-chance bets! Just click the link below to take advantage of this promotion.
If you want to get in on the action, you can check out my best bet for all 14 NFL Week 5 games in the latest edition of the "Road to 272 Bets", which you can read here. Now, let's dive into my best bet for Monday Night Football.
Packers vs. Raiders odds, spread, and total
Packers vs. Raiders betting trends
- Packers are 7-2 ATS in their last nine games
- Packers are 5-0 ATS in their last five games vs. Raiders
- Packers are 5-1 ATS in their last six games vs. AFC West opponents
- Raiders are 1-4 ATS in their last five games
- Raiders are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games played on Monday.
- The OVER is 6-0 in the last six meetings between these two teams
Green Bay Packers vs. Las Vegas Raiders injury reports
Green Bay Packers injury report
- Zayne Anderson - S - Questionable
- De'Vondre Campbell - LB - Questionable
- Elgton Jenkins - G - Questionable
- Luke Musgrave - TE - Questionable
- Eric Strokes - CB - PUP-R
Las Vegas Raiders injury report
- Curtis Bolton - LB - Injured Reserve
- David Long - CB - Questionable
- Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Questionable
- Nate Hobbs - CB - Questionable
Packers vs. Raiders how to watch
- Date: Monday, Oct. 9
- Game Time: 7:15. pm EST
- Venue: Allegiant Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): ABC/ESPN
- Green Bay Packers Record: 2-2
- Las Vegas Raiders Record: 1-3
Packers vs. Raiders key players to watch
Green Bay Packers
Quay Walker: The Packers linebacker is fourth in the NFL in tackles so far this NFL season, racking up a combined 47 with 25 assists and 17 solos. A key to the Raiders effectiveness is their ability to run the ball, so Walker will play a big role in shutting down that aspect of their game.
Las Vegas Raiders
Josh Jacobs: For the Raiders to have any hope in getting back in the mix in the AFC, they need their run game to step up. Josh Jacobs was one of the best running backs in the NFL last season, but he's now averaging a measly 2.7 yards per carry. That's not going to get it done. He needs to have a big game on Monday night.
Packers vs. Raiders prediction and pick
I haven't been very high on the Packers so far this season, but it's mainly been because of their struggles to stop the run and complete passes at a high rate. They rank last in the league in completion percentage (56.06%) and 25th in opponent yards per carry (4.5).
Luckily for them, they now face a Raiders team that ranks 27th in the league in opponent completion percentage (70.73%) and 31st in yards per carry (3.0). That means Las Vegas doesn't have the ability to exploit the Packers' weaknesses, which is an ideal situation for Green Bay.
The Packers are the better team in this spot. Let's not overthink it.
Green Bay will win and cover the spread.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!