I spent some time this week exchanging questions and answers with Foxboro Blog’s Ricky Keeler. You can see my answers to his questions about the Green Bay Packers at foxboroblog
1. Brady is the number one ranked QB in the NFL today. With only 4 interceptions this year, he’s obviously throwing with great accuracy, what is a defense to do to rattle him into a pick? Does linebacker Clay Matthews scare him at all?
If the defense is going to rattle Brady at all, look for Clay Matthews to be the guy that gives Brady troubles. His 12.5 sacks this season have to be taken seriously by any QB he faces, including number 12. However, the only way you will get Brady to make mistakes if you the Packers’ pass rush can stay consistent for 60 minutes. If not, Brady can have a field day at any point in the game with the solid protection he gets from his offensive line.
2. You have a lot of talent at WR. With Moss leaving, it seems your team has gotten even better. In your opinion was Moss a distraction to your team? Would you ever like to see him back at WR again?
No, I do not want him back with the Patriots because he had his chance and blew it. This team is 8-1 without him and there is a reason behind it. It is because the young kids instead of idolizing Moss have finally bought into the TEAM dynamic. I noticed Moss as a distraction in Week 2 when he gave up on key deep routes in the 2nd half to lose the game in the Meadowlands. Plus, without Moss, Brady can spread the ball around and take control over the huddle without a certain #81 whispering in his ear
3. I watched the game against the Jets, Woodhead had a great game. Has his performance been a surprise to the Patriots and their fans?
For most fans, it has been a surprise. As for me, I knew Woodhead had talent and just needed the chance to show it on the NFL roster. I am from New York, so I have seen Woodhead in preseason games with the Jets as well as Hard Knocks. Boy, Rex is kicking himself for letting Woodhead go over Joe Mcknight of all people. Woodhead is one of my favorite new Patriots because he is a physical runner who can make people miss and always fights for that extra yard, which is key in a Patriots’ offense that loves to move the chains
4. The Patriots are the only team to clinch a playoff spot so far. Will the Patriots try to rest players or do you expect them to keep up with their intensity?
I expect them to keep up the intensity because not everything is wrapped up yet. True, they have a playoff spot, but the AFC East is still in the picture as well as home field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs. They are in great position to do that with games against Buffalo and Miami left on their schedule after the Packers. After seeing Belichick not rest starters in the 2007 season when they ran the table, I don’t expect him to rest players, which could be a mistake as we saw last year when Welker’s ACL injury cost New England a shot to play in Miami in February.
5. What is your prediction for the game?
Since you give 2 picks, I will give 2 picks:
With Rodgers: Patriots 30 Packers 20
Without Rodgers: New England 38 Green Bay 13