Aaron Rodgers has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Month. Raymond T. Rivard photograph
Aaron Rodgers makes his job look so easy, even though he has said that what he is doing on the football isn’t easy at all.
For some reason, I believe him.
Not only because he is the best in the game, but because he is s becoming a legend.
For his performance over the month of November, he’s been named the Offensive Player of the Month.
But over the past month, Rodgers has been not just good, he’s been white hot, leading the Packers to a 4-0 record (9-3 overall), while completing 83-of-130 passes (63.8 percent) for 1,233 yards, 13 touchdowns and most importantly, no interceptions.
His 128.1 passer rating is best in the NFL.
Considering that he’s thrown 32 touchdowns and only three interceptions this season in itself is remarkable.
However, when we also consider that all three of those interceptions came from tipped balls that bounced off Packers receivers is even more remarkable.
Rodgers, who along with his team, had a slow start to the 2014 season, losing two of their first three games. But we all know that the NFL season is long and we’ve come to expect that anything probably will happen.
When Rodgers told the world to R-E-L-A-X, we all scoffed a little bit and said that we would relax when the team started playing like we knew they were capable.
It didn’t take long for Rodgers to show us up … he and his team proceeded to win eight of their next nine games – blowing out the likes of the Chicago Bears and Philadelphia Eagles and scoring 50-plus points in those two straight games.
While we didn’t expect the Packers to drop a 50-burger every time we hit the field we have certainly come to listen to Rodgers when he speaks.
Here is the complete press release announcing the NFL Players of the Month.
PACKERS QB AARON RODGERS, EAGLES LB CONNOR BARWIN &
FALCONS K MATT BRYANT
NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF MONTH FOR NOVEMBER
Quarterback AARON RODGERS of the Green Bay Packers, linebacker CONNOR BARWIN of the Philadelphia Eagles and kicker MATT BRYANT of the Atlanta Falcons are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Month for November, the NFL announced today.
Aaron Rodgers after the game against the New England Patriots at Lambeau Field. The Packers won 26-21. Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports photograph
OFFENSE: QB AARON RODGERS, GREEN BAY PACKERS
- Rodgers led the Packers to a 4-0 record in November, completing 83 of 130 passes (63.8 percent) for 1,233 yards with 13 touchdowns and no interceptions for an NFL-best 128.1 passer rating.
- He posted a 100+ passer rating in all four games during the month, throwing multiple touchdowns in each contest.
- Rodgers is the third player in NFL history with at least 13 touchdown passes and no interceptions in a calendar month, joining TOM BRADY (October 2014) and PEYTON MANNING (September 2013).
- This season, Rodgers leads the NFL with a 118.6 passer rating, completing 252 of 380 passes (66.3 percent) for 3,325 yards with 32 touchdowns and three interceptions.
- In his 10th season from California, this is Rodgers’s seventh career Player of the Month Award.
- Rodgers’ seven Player of the Month Awards are tied with TOM BRADY for the second-most since the award was created in 1986 (PEYTON MANNING, eight).
DEFENSE: LB CONNOR BARWIN, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
- Barwin led the NFC and tied for first in the NFL with 6.5 sacks during the month. He added 19 tackles, three passes defensed and a forced fumble as the Eagles recorded a 4-1 record in November.
- He registered at least one sack in three games, including two multiple-sack performances. He had a sack in Week 9 at Houston, posted a season-high 3.5 sacks the next week versus Carolina and added two sacks with a forced fumble in Week 12 against Tennessee.
- During the month, the Eagles led the NFL with 23 sacks.
- Barwin leads the NFC and ties for second in the NFL with a career-high 12.5 sacks.
- In his sixth year from Cincinnati, this is Barwin’s second career Player of the Month Award and first with Philadelphia. He was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Month in November 2011 with the Houston Texans.
- Barwin is the first Eagle to win Defensive Player of the Month since BRIAN DAWKINS in December 2009.
SPECIAL TEAMS: K MATT BRYANT, ATLANTA FALCONS
- Bryant converted all 14 field-goal attempts and seven PATs during the month as the Falcons went 3-1.
- He had at least four field goals in three of the team’s four games, including five in Week 13.
- His 14 field goals tied for the most in November and he was the only player in the NFL to make at least 14 field goals without a miss during the month.
- In his 13th season from Baylor, this is Bryant’s second career Player of the Month Award and first with Atlanta. He was honored in December 2007 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Bryant is the first Falcons kicker to win the award since JAY FEELYin October 2002.