Kansas City Chiefs running backKnile Davis
(34) carries the ball as Green Bay Packers linebackerJayrone Elliott
(91) and cornerbackMicah Hyde
(33) tackle in the first quarter. Benny Sieu-USA TODAY Sports
On Monday night, when the Kansas City Chiefs come to town, the Green Bay Packers will look to extend their win streak to 3-0 and continue their strongest regular season start since 2011.
This will be no easy feat.
Ironically, the Chiefs roster mimics the Packers’ week two opponent, the Seattle Seahawks. They have an elite running back, one of the best tight end threats in the NFL, and a staunch defense.
More from Lombardi Ave
- Packers: Picks in NFL.com mock draft would be a home run
- Packers salary cap update following second week of free agency
- Packers’ cornerback depth chart after second week of free agency
- Packers’ edge rusher depth chart after second week of free agency
- Packers’ tackle depth chart after second week of free agency
On the bright side, the Packers won’t have to worry about the read option or a mobile quarterback, like Russell Wilson, rolling out of the pocket.
The Packers will have their hands full on both sides of the ball with this AFC opponent. Here are the five key matchups the Packers must win on Monday night in order to remain undefeated.
Next: #1. Can Barclay handle Houston?