Nov 1, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Broncos fan holds a sign towards the bench of the Green Bay Packers late in the fourth quarter at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. The Broncos defeated the Packer 29-10. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
That was ugly, Green Bay Packers fans.
More from Lombardi Ave
- Packers: Picks in NFL.com mock draft would be a home run
- Packers salary cap update following second week of free agency
- Packers’ cornerback depth chart after second week of free agency
- Packers’ edge rusher depth chart after second week of free agency
- Packers’ tackle depth chart after second week of free agency
I haven’t been this flummoxed by a loss in awhile. There are definitely worse ones, sure, but the surprise factor and the utter ineptitude of the team to do seemingly anything at times — plus getting built up with the strong starting record coming in — made this one hit like a sucker punch to the gut.
As Coach McCarthy said: “I haven’t had my ass kicked like that in a long time.”
I didn’t even want to write about this. I legitimately think I’ve felt physically sick after what happened out there (either from the game itself or maybe from forgetting to eat entirely due to the way things went).
But just like the Packers, I must press through after a tough weekend and figure out where to go from here.
First up, we must figure out how and why this game happened the way it happened.
I have some ideas on that.
Next: Coming Back Cold