Ty Montgomery: Keep
It’s hard to drop Ty Montgomery until we have a further update on his rib injury. If he returns in Week 12, there’s every chance he assumes a large role in the Packers offense with Jones on the sidelines. While rookie Jamaal Williams has put in a couple of solid performances, Montgomery is such a valuable weapon for Green Bay that only his injury will keep him off the field.
More from Lombardi Ave
- Packers: Picks in NFL.com mock draft would be a home run
- Packers salary cap update following second week of free agency
- Packers’ cornerback depth chart after second week of free agency
- Packers’ edge rusher depth chart after second week of free agency
- Packers’ tackle depth chart after second week of free agency
Montgomery is available in almost a quarter of NFL.com leagues. If he’s on your waiver wire and you have the room on your roster, he’s worth an add. If you own him and don’t desperately need to free up a roster space, hold tight with the hope Montgomery returns in the next week or so.
Montgomery could become a useful starter in PPR formats. Brett Hundley has been erratic when he chooses to throw downfield, and instead opts for a number of dump-offs. Montgomery’s ability to catch passes out of the backfield could give him a safe floor.
It all comes down to health. If Montgomery is close to 100 percent this week, he could be a high-upside dart throw in your flex spot. We’ll be closely monitoring his injury status in the coming days.