What were some of the biggest what-ifs during Ted Thompson’s time as Green Bay Packers general manager? Here’s part two in this new series.
In the second part of this three-part series some of the even bigger what if’s of the Ted Thompson era are examined.
In part one we answered these questions:
15. What if Jermichael Finley never suffered a career-ending injury?
14. What if John Dorsey never left Green Bay?
13. What if Anthony Barr didn’t break Aaron Rodgers‘ collarbone?
12. What if Nick Collins never suffered a career-ending injury?
11. What if Green Bay won the 2007 NFC Championship?
The same format will be present in part two that existed in part one which is where I will present what actually happened with what I think could have happened.
Also to avoid confusion: When I refer to a certain playoff game I am referring to the year in which the regular season that preceded that playoff game was played in.
Example: If I am talking about the Packers 2016 wild-card round game I am talking about the one where they beat Eli Manning and the New York Giants in the “Boat Gate” game even though that game was played in 2017. Not the one where they beat Kirk Cousins and the Washington Redskins, even though that game was in 2016.