Composite Rankings: Tight End
1. Mike Gesicki, Penn St (39 pts)
2. Dallas Goedert, SDSU (36 pts)
3. Hayden Hurst, South Carolina (32 pts)
4. Mark Andrews, Oklahoma (28 pts)
5. Ian Thomas, Indiana (20 pts)
6. Dalton Schultz, Stanford (19 pts)
7. Troy Fumagalli, Wisconsin (17 pts)
8. Chris Herndon, Miami (10 pts)
9. Tyler Conklin, Central Michigan (5 pts)
10-t. Allen Lazard, Iowa State (4 pts)
10-t. Durham Smythe, Notre Dame (4 pts)
Overview: Three of the four writers viewed Mike Gesicki as the top tight end in the class, while one writer placed Dallas Goedert as the first tight end.
However, all four writers had Gesicki, Goedert, Hayden Hurst, and Mark Andrews in some order in their top five, while Ian Thomas was also frequently mentioned.
Dalton Schultz and Troy Fumagalli were also in each top-10 ranking, ranging from sixth to eighth.
Three writers had Tyler Conklin in their rankings, as well as Durham Smythe. However, Miami tight end Chris Herndon was only mentioned by two writers, and he was ranked as high as fifth and seventh on their boards.
One writer included former Iowa State wide receiver Allen Lazard in his tight end rankings, projecting that the big receiver will make a position switch in the NFL.