Packers free agency update: All the moves Green Bay has made so far
The first week of free agency is nearly over. Here’s a recap of the Green Bay Packers‘ moves so far.
The biggest story of the week is, of course, Aaron Rodgers’ future. A trade to the New York Jets still hasn’t happened, but it’s only a matter of time.
In the meantime, which free agents are coming back to Green Bay? Who has signed elsewhere? Which players are still free agents?
Which free agents have Packers signed?
- Keisean Nixon, CB: This was a must. Nixon was an All-Pro last season, and the Packers made the right call to bring him back.
- Tarvarius Moore, S: Moore helps the special teams, but can also provide cover on defense. A smart signing.
- Yosh Nijman, T: According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, the Packers placed a second-round tender on Nijman. He could still end up playing elsewhere, but another team would have to give up a second-rounder.
- Rudy Ford, S: Pelissero also reported that Green Bay re-signed Ford to a one-year deal. He played well last season.
- Tyler Davis, TE: Davis provides some depth at tight end, so it made sense to re-sign him.
- Matt Orzech, LS: The Packers needed a new long snapper, and they have found one.
Which Packers free agents have signed elsewhere?
- Allen Lazard, WR: With Aaron Rodgers likely on his way to the New York Jets, it’s no surprise to see Lazard sign there.
- Dean Lowry, DL: Another year, another Packers player signing with an NFC North team. Lowry has signed with the Minnesota Vikings.
- Robert Tonyan, TE: Tonyan will also stay in the NFC North. He has signed a deal with the Chicago Bears.
- Jarran Reed, DL: Reed returns to the Seattle Seahawks, the team that drafted him in 2016.
Remaining Packers free agents
- Randall Cobb, WR
- Marcedes Lewis, TE
- Mason Crosby, K
- Adrian Amos, S
- Justin Hollins, EDGE
- Krys Barnes, LB
- Eric Wilson, LB
- Dallin Leavitt, S
- Corey Ballentine, CB