Aaron Jones dominated in the Green Bay Packers' season opener, scoring two touchdowns. Unfortunately, he had to leave the game early due to a hamstring injury.
The Packers already had a comfortable lead and didn't need to risk bringing Jones back into the game, but they need their star running back available in Week 2 against the Atlanta Falcons.
What is the latest on Jones' status for Week 2? Here are all of the latest updates.
Aaron Jones injury status for Packers Week 2 game against Falcons
Aaron Jones suffered a hamstring injury in the Packers' season-opening win over the Chicago Bears. He is listed as questionable to play against the Falcons in Week 2.
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Jones isn't expected to play.
The biggest concern is that Jones didn't practice all week. That's never a good sign.
"We're going to give him the course of the week before we make any determination on him," said head coach Matt LaFleur.
The Packers will always be cautious when it comes to rushing players back from injury too soon, especially with hamstring injuries.
Aaron Jones injury history
Aaron Jones has stayed healthy for most of his Packers career, missing only nine games due to injury over six years. Five of those came in his first two seasons.
A sprained MCL cost Jones two games in his rookie year, and he missed the final game of the season after injuring his other knee. Another MCL injury cost Jones two more games in 2018.
After playing every game the following season, Jones missed two games in 2020 due to a calf injury. An MCL injury kept Jones out of one game in 2021, and another knee injury sidelined him for the regular season finale.
Jones has dealt with minor injuries throughout his Packers career but hasn't missed much time.
Who would replace Aaron Jones in starting lineup in Week 2?
AJ Dillon will step in as the starter if Aaron Jones misses Week 2. Dillon struggled in the season opener but has been a capable starter in the past.
Patrick Taylor and Emanuel Wilson would offer depth. Taylor was active against the Bears and plays on special teams, but Wilson offers more potential on offense.
Packers next five opponents
Here are the Packers' upcoming opponents after Week 2:
- New Orleans Saints, September 24, 12 noon
- Detroit Lions, September 28, 7:15 p.m. (Thursday Night Football)
- @ Las Vegas Raiders, October 9, 7:15 p.m. (Monday Night Football)
- Bye week
- @ Denver Broncos, October 22, 3:25 p.m.
- Minnesota Vikings, October 29, 12 noon
Note: All times are CT.
Packers injury report Week 2
- LT David Bakhtiari (Veteran rest/Knee) - Questionable
- WR Romeo Doubs (Hamstring)
- LB Rashan Gary (Knee)
- G/T Elgton Jenkins (Knee)
- S Anthony Johnson Jr. (Knee)
- RB Aaron Jones (Hamstring) - Questionable
- LB Quay Walker (Concussion) - Questionable
- WR Christian Watson (Hamstring) - Questionable
- P Daniel Whelan (Finger)
Falcons injury report Week 2
- LB Troy Andersen (Concussion) - Out
- CB Jeff Okudah (Foot) - Questionable
- RB Cordarrelle Patterson (Thigh)