Green Bay Packers running back, Aaron Jones, missed Week 2 against the Atlanta Falcons with a hamstring injury, and he could be in danger of missing Week 3 against the New Orleans Saints as well.
Jones missed Wednesday’s practice for Green Bay – putting him a little behind to start the week. However, he was back at practice on Thursday and Friday.
Still, the Packers elevated running back Patrick Taylor from their practice squad, a sign that Jones may not play on Sunday.
Here’s everything you need to know about Jones’ injury and how to wager on the Packers in Week 3.
Aaron Jones injury status for Week 3 game against New Orleans Saints
Jones is questionable for Week 3 against New Orleans. He missed Week 2 with his hamstring injury and did not practice on Wednesday, but returned to limited practice later in the week.
Best Green Bay Packers prop bet if Aaron Jones misses Week 3 vs. Saints
AJ Dillon anytime touchdown scorer
AJ Dillon has yet to find the end zone this season with Jordan Love throwing for six scores in the first two games, but the volume has been there.
Dillon saw 16 touches last week with Jones out, and even if Jones does play, Dillon has some value around the goal line to punch in a short run.
Love may struggle this week against a Saints defense that is allowing the seventh-fewest passing yards in the NFL, so I wouldn’t be shocked to see the run game play a bigger role in Week 3.
Whether you want to tail or fade this prop, DraftKings Sportsbook has an offer for bettors to win either way in Week 3.
New users that sign up with the link below and wager $5 will instantly receive $200 in bonus bets and $150 in no-sweat bets. That’s a great way to start the NFL season.
Aaron Jones injury history
Jones has dealt with a bunch of injuries in his NFL career, but he’s been relatively healthy in recent seasons.
Here’s a look at his entire injury history since being drafted by the Packers:
- Nov. 2017: Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 – missed two games
- Dec. 2017: Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 – missed season finale
- Dec. 2018: Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 – missed final two games of season
- Oct. 2020: Leg Calf Strain – missed two games
- Jan. 2021: Chest Rib Sprain/Pull – left NFC Championship Game
- Nov. 2021: Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 – missed one game
- Jan. 2022: Knee Strain Grade 1 – missed one game
- Sept. 2023: Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull – missed Week 2
When is Aaron Jones coming back?
It’s possible that Jones could return for Week 3 against the Saints, but the Packers do have a short turnaround with a Thursday Night Football matchup in Week 4 against the Detroit Lions. He may be held out until that game.
Green Bay Packers next 5 opponents
- Detroit Lions, Thursday, Sept. 28
- Las Vegas Raiders, Monday Oct. 9
- Denver Broncos, Sunday, Oct. 22
- Minnesota Vikings Sunday, Oct. 29
- Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, Nov. 5
Green Bay Packers injury report
- Jaire Alexander – questionable, back
- Zayne Anderson – out, hamstring
- David Bakhtiari – questionable, knee
- Elgton Jenkins – out, knee
- Aaron Jones – questionable, hamstring
- Lukas Van Ness – questionable, elbow
- Christian Watson – questionable, hamstring
New Orleans Saints injury report
- Paulson Adebo – questionable, hamstring
- Ugo Amadi – questionable, knee
- Foster Moreau – doubtful, ankle
- Jamaal Williams – out, hamstring
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.