Aaron Jones hasn't played since the Green Bay Packers' season opener against the Chicago Bears.
The Packers have missed him in their past two games. Without Jones, Packers running backs have combined for 106 yards on 35 attempts with no touchdowns, averaging a little over three yards per attempt.
Could Jones return in time for Green Bay's Thursday Night Football showdown with the Detroit Lions? Here are the latest updates.
Aaron Jones injury status for Packers Week 4 game against Lions
Aaron Jones is questionable for Week 4, according to the Packers' injury report. However, he is expected to play, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
This will give the Packers' offense a huge boost in Week 4 against the Lions.
He looked good in pregame warmups on Sunday and didn't appear to have any limitations. Jones didn't end up playing, but it does seem he is close to returning.
Who would replace Aaron Jones in starting lineup in Week 4?
AJ Dillon has dominated the carries in Jones' absence. He has 39 attempts on the season, but for only 107 yards, averaging 2.7 yards per carry.
Patrick Taylor had more opportunities in Week 3, especially when the Packers were chasing the game in the fourth quarter. This season, he has nine carries for 29 yards and three catches for 25 yards. Undrafted rookie Emanuel Wilson has struggled to make an impact, rushing for only 11 yards from five attempts.
Packers next five opponents
- @ Las Vegas Raiders, October 9, 7:15 p.m. (Monday Night Football)
- Bye week
- @ Denver Broncos, October 22, 3:25 p.m.
- Minnesota Vikings, October 29, 12 noon
- Los Angeles Rams, November 5, 12 noon
- @ Pittsburgh Steelers, November 12, 12 noon
Note: All times are CT.
Packers injury report Week 4
- CB Jaire Alexander (Back) - Questionable
- S Zayne Anderson (Hamstring) - Out
- T David Bakhtiari (Veteran rest/Knee) - Out
- LB De'Vondre Campbell (Ankle) - Out
- LB Rashan Gary (Knee)
- G Elgton Jenkins (Knee) - Out
- RB Aaron Jones (Hamstring) - Questionable
- T Zach Tom (Knee) - Questionable
- CB Carrington Valentine (Biceps) - Questionable
- WR Christian Watson (Hamstring) - Questionable
Lions injury report Week 4
- FB Jason Cabinda (Knee) - Out
- T Taylor Decker (Ankle) - Questionable
- G Jonah Jackson (Thigh) - Questionable
- S Kerby Joseph (Hip) - Questionable
- RB David Montgomery (Thigh) - Questionable
- CB Emmanuel Moseley (Knee/Hamstring) - Questionable
- T Matt Nelson (Ankle) - Out
- C Frank Ragnow (Toe/Veteran rest)
- G Halapoulivaati Vaitai (Knee) - Out