The latest chapter in one of the best rivalries in the NFL is set to take place in Week 1 of the 2023 season when the Green Bay Packers head to Chicago to take on the Bears.
The game will also mark the start of the Jordan Love era. Packers fans have been treated to almost three decades of hall-of-fame quarterback play, transitioning from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers. Can Love come close to filling the shoes of his predecessors?
We're going to dive into this game from every angle, but if you want to see my best bet for all 16 games this week, check out the latest edition of the "Road to 272 Bets", which you can read here.
If you plan on betting on the Packers this year, I'd encourage you to do it at FanDuel Sportsbook because they have an offer you can't refuse to start the NFL season. If you click the link below and bet $5 on any game, you're guaranteed to be given $200 in bonus bets and $100 off NFL Sunday Ticket!
Now, let's get into the game.
Packers vs. Bears odds, spread, and total
Packers vs. Bears betting trends
- Packers went 8-9 against the spread in 2022
- Bears went 5-11-1 against the spread in 2022
- The UNDER went 9-8 in Packers games in 2022
- The OVER went 10-7 in Bears games in 2022
- Packers are 8-0 ATS in their last eight games against the Bears
- Packers are 12-1 straight up in their last 13 games in Chicago
- Bears are 1-10 ATS in their last 11 games against NFC North opponents
Packers vs. Bears injury reports
Green Bay Packers injury report
- Romeo Doubs - WR - Questionable (hamstring)
- Dontayvion Wicks - WR - Questionable (hamstring)
- De'Vondre Campbell - LB - Questionable (ankle)
- Jaire Alexander - CB - Questionable (groin/foot)
Chicago Bears injury report
- Chase Claypool - WR - Questionble (hamstring)
- Jaquan Brisker - S - Questionable (undisclosed)
- Doug Kramer - C - IR (Undisclosed)
Packers vs. Bears how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Sept. 10
- Game Time: 4:25p.m. EST
- Venue: Soldier Field
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- Green Bay Packers Record: 0-0
- Chicago Bears Record: 0-0
Packers vs. Bears key players to watch
Green Bay Packers
Jordan Love: There's no question who the player to watch is for the Packers in Week 1 and beyond. Jordan Love has been sitting behind Aaron Rodgers since being selected 26th overall by the Packers in the 2020 NFL Draft. He hasn't been great in his handful of appearances, completing just 60.2% of passes while throwing three touchdowns and three interceptions. With that being said, the Packers are officially his team now. He has all the tools and weapons he needs to take a big step forward and shine this season.
DJ Moore: There were plenty of people last season who blamed Justin Fields' woes on him not having the weapons surrounding him he needed to succeed. So, the Bears went and got him one. DJ Moore was the Panthers top receiver for a number of season, surpassing 1,100 receiving yards from 2019-2021. If Fields takes a step forward this year, Moore will play a huge role in that.
Packers vs. Bears prediction and pick
I'm not high on the Bears at all this season. Somehow, after winning just three games, oddsmakers have their win total set at 7.5 and people are saying Justin Fields has a dark horse candidate to win NFL MVP. What's the cause for this hype? I truly don't get it.
So, I'm going to bet on the Packers to win in Week 1 and derail the Bears hype train before it even gets start.
Green Bay still has one of the best one-two punches in their backfield with Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon. I also expect their defense to be much improved from last season while the Bears defense is nothing like it used to be.
Give me Green Bay on the moneyline.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!