Christian Watson has missed the Green Bay Packers' opening three games of the regular season, but he is making progress in his recovery from a hamstring injury. Could Watson return for the Packers' matchup against the Detroit Lions in Week 4?
Green Bay hosts Detroit on Thursday Night Football. The short turnaround between games isn't ideal for either team.
Watson practiced last week but didn't play. Here are the latest injury updates ahead of Thursday Night Football.
Christian Watson injury status for Packers Week 4 game against Lions
Christian Watson is questionable for Week 4 against the Lions. However, he is expected to play.
"That's the plan," said Watson on Tuesday when asked if he's playing this week.
Watson said it's still a "day-to-day thing" but sounded confident that he will be out there against the Lions on Thursday night. He was a limited participant at practice on Tuesday and Wednesday.
If Watson is active, we can likely expect him to be on a snap count. That's the approach the Packers took with Romeo Doubs when he returned from a hamstring issue.
Who would replace Christian Watson in starting lineup in Week 4?
Jordan Love has leaned on Romeo Doubs and Jayden Reed the most. Each has 20 targets through three weeks.
Doubs was limited early in the season due to a hamstring injury, but now healthy, he has become Love's go-to receiver, earning 12 targets in Week 3. Doubs leads the team with three receiving touchdowns. Reed has also made an impact, catching nine passes for a team-high 148 yards and two touchdowns.
Rookie Dontayvion Wicks has had some opportunities deep downfield, but the majority of Love's targets have gone to Doubs, Reed, and tight end Luke Musgrave.
Packers next five opponents
- @ Las Vegas Raiders, October 9, 7:15 p.m. (Monday Night Football)
- Bye week
- @ Denver Broncos, October 22, 3:25 p.m.
- Minnesota Vikings, October 29, 12 noon
- Los Angeles Rams, November 5, 12 noon
- @ Pittsburgh Steelers, November 12, 12 noon
Note: All times are CT.
Packers injury report Week 4
- CB Jaire Alexander (Back) - Questionable
- S Zayne Anderson (Hamstring) - Out
- T David Bakhtiari (Veteran rest/Knee) - Out
- LB De'Vondre Campbell (Ankle) - Out
- LB Rashan Gary (Knee)
- G Elgton Jenkins (Knee) - Out
- RB Aaron Jones (Hamstring) - Questionable
- T Zach Tom (Knee) - Questionable
- CB Carrington Valentine (Biceps) - Questionable
- WR Christian Watson (Hamstring) - Questionable
Lions injury report Week 4
- FB Jason Cabinda (Knee) - Out
- T Taylor Decker (Ankle) - Questionable
- G Jonah Jackson (Thigh) - Questionable
- S Kerby Joseph (Hip) - Questionable
- RB David Montgomery (Thigh) - Questionable
- CB Emmanuel Moseley (Knee/Hamstring) - Questionable
- T Matt Nelson (Ankle) - Out
- C Frank Ragnow (Toe/Veteran rest)
- G Halapoulivaati Vaitai (Knee) - Out