Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings: Watch, listen, stats, others’ predictions
4 of 5
The Green Bay Packers line up for a play during the game against the Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field. Green Bay won 42-10. Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports photograph
Statistics to chew on …
- Sunday will be the first outdoor game (TCF Bank Stadium) between the Packers and Vikings in Minnesota since they played at Metropolitan Stadium on Nov. 29, 1981.
- Through 108 meetings, which includes two postseason contests (1-1), the Packers hold a 57-49-2 edge over the Vikings in the all-time series.
- The Packers are 8-1-1 in the last 10 games between the teams during the regular and postseason, including 3-1 at Minnesota. The Packers’ only loss during that span was by three points in 2012.
- The Packers have scored 30-plus points in six of their last eight regular season games against Minnesota, averaging 33.7 points per game over that span. That included a 42-point game earlier this season, a 44-point outing at Minnesota last season in Week 8, the most points ever scored by Green Bay at the Metrodome, and a 45-point effort at Lambeau Field in 2011.
- Under Head Coach Mike McCarthy, the Packers have swept the regular season series against the Vikings four times (2011, 2010, 2007, 2006).
- Since McCarthy took over in 2006, the Packers have a 12-4-1 record (.735) against the Vikings in the regular season.
- Since 2006, the Packers have scored 20-plus points against the Vikings in 15 of 16 regular-season games. The Packers’ 495 points scored in the regular-season since 2006 are the most against the Vikings in the NFL, and Green Bay’s 29.1 points per game leads the league among teams that have played Minnesota at least four times over that span.
- Including the postseason, Green Bay is 9-4 against Minnesota with Aaron Rodgers as the starting quarterback and have won eight of the last nine contests.
- In 13 games as the starter against the Vikings, Rodgers has completed 289 of 405 passes (71.4) for 3,538 yards, 30 touchdowns and four inter- ceptions with a passer rating of 118.5. His passer rating is the highest of any opposing quarterback vs. Minnesota (min. 100 att.).
- Rodgers has recorded a 100-plus passer rating in nine of the last 11 games against the Vikings, including the postseason. He recorded three passing touchdowns and a passer rating of 138.7 in a Week 5 victory over Minnesota this season. It was his fourth-highest rating against the Vikings in his career.
- In 2010-11, Rodgers posted a passer rating of 140.0 or better in three contests against Minnesota (146.5 at MIN in 2011 / 141.3 at MIN in 2010 / 140.3 vs. MIN in 2011), becoming the first NFL quarterback since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger to register a 140-plus passer rating in three consecutive games against the same opponent (according to the Elias Sports Bureau).