Letroy Guion signs with the Green Bay Packers – is this the right choice?
Raymond T. Rivard photograph
B.J. Raji – is he the next to sign?
Recent reports have indicated that the Green Bay Packers may have already offered B.J. Raji a contract that is less than $2 million per-season.
Will he bite and be the next defensive lineman to sign on the bottom line?
More from Lombardi Ave
- Packers: Picks in NFL.com mock draft would be a home run
- Packers salary cap update following second week of free agency
- Packers’ cornerback depth chart after second week of free agency
- Packers’ edge rusher depth chart after second week of free agency
- Packers’ tackle depth chart after second week of free agency
Raji, who went down for the season with a triceps tear just before the start of the 2014 campaign, ironically opened the door for Guion in 2014.
But 2015 is a new season and it appears, at least at this point, that if the Packers are to re-sign either of the two, the ball is squarely in Raji’s court.
Given Ted Thompson’s past history and penchant for drafting and developing, there are many who feel that might be the best way to restock the team at the position.
He most likely will draft at least one defensive lineman – even if he gets Raji and Guion signed.
The coming days and weeks will surely provide insight into just what the Packers’ defensive line will look like when the team heads into training camp in July.
My guess is that it may be with both Letroy Guion and B.J. Raji.
Stay tuned …