Dec 13, 2015; Green Bay, WI, USA; Dallas Cowboys running back Robert Turbin (23) tries to leap over Green Bay Packers cornerback Quinten Rollins (24) during the third quarter at Lambeau Field. Green Bay won 28-7. Mandatory Credit: Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports
With the exception of the scoring drive by Dallas, there wasn’t much offense in the 3rd quarter. Each team punted three times in the third quarter. The Packers’ offense struggled to move the ball and get back the rhythm that it had going at the end of the second.
More from Green Bay Packers News
- Packers: Picks in NFL.com mock draft would be a home run
- Packers salary cap update following second week of free agency
- Packers’ cornerback depth chart after second week of free agency
- Packers’ edge rusher depth chart after second week of free agency
- Packers’ tackle depth chart after second week of free agency
The one scoring drive was led by McFadden who broke off another big 45 yard run. The drive ended in a seven yard rushing touchdown up the middle to running back Robert Turbin, bringing the score to 14-7 and putting the momentum back in favor of Dallas. It was a quick score, and the game was suddenly tight. The Packers got the ball back and were unable to get anything positive going. After punting three times in three possessions, Dallas looked to tie things up.
Next: Fourth Quarter