A hamstring injury kept Christian Watson out of the Green Bay Packers' opening two games of the season, and he is in danger of missing Week 3.
Watson practiced on Wednesday but not on Thursday, leaving his status for Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints up in the air.
Here are all of the latest updates on Watson's injury status for Week 3:
Christian Watson injury status for Packers Week 3 game against Saints
Christian Watson is OUT in Week 3 against the Saints. While he is getting closer to returning from a hamstring injury, he isn't quite ready yet. Hopefully, he can return in time for Thursday's game against the Lions.
Christian Watson injury history
Watson has had bad luck with injuries during his time with the Packers. He has missed multiple games due to hamstring injuries, including the opening two games of this season.
Here is Watson's injury history since the Packers drafted him in 2022:
- Sept. 2022: Hamstring injury - missed one game
- Oct. 2022: Hamstring injury - missed two games
- Nov. 2022: Concussion - left game in Week 8
- Sept. 2023: Hamstring injury - missed two games
Who would replace Christian Watson in starting lineup in Week 3?
With Christian Watson out of the lineup in the opening two games, Jordan Love has turned to Jayden Reed, Romeo Doubs, and Luke Musgrave the most.
Reed leads the Packers in targets with 13. He has caught six passes for 85 yards and two touchdowns. Doubs has six receptions for 56 yards and two touchdowns. Musgrave has made five catches for 75 yards.
Love will look Aaron Jones' way if he is back from injury in Week 3. He still leads the Packers in receiving yards after putting up 86 and a touchdown on two receptions in the season opener.
Packers next five opponents
- Detroit Lions, September 28, 7:15 p.m. (Thursday Night Football)
- @ Las Vegas Raiders, October 9, 7:15 p.m. (Monday Night Football)
- Bye week
- @ Denver Broncos, October 22, 3:25 p.m.
- Minnesota Vikings, October 29, 12 noon
- Los Angeles Rams, November 5, 12 noon
Note: All times are CT.
Packers injury report Week 3
- LT David Bakhtiari (Veteran rest/Knee) - Questionable
- LB Rashan Gary (Knee)
- G Elgton Jenkins (Knee) - Out
- RB Aaron Jones (Hamstring) - Questionable
- LB Lukas Van Ness (Elbow) - Questionable
- WR Christian Watson (Hamstring) - Questionable
- P Daniel Whelan (Finger)
- S Zayne Anderson (Hamstring) - Out
- CB Jaire Alexander (Back) - Questionable
Saints injury report Week 3
- TE Foster Moreau (Ankle) - Doubtful
- RB Jamaal Williams (Hamstring) - Out
- QB Taysom Hill (Knee)
- RB Kendre Miller (Hamstring)
- S Ugo Amadi (Knee) - Questionable
- CB Paulson Abedo (Hamstring) - Questionable